- the creation of a Chief Consumer Officer to ensure the CRTC "examine all the issues before us through a consumer-focused lens."
- the creation of wireless code of conduct
- ensuring Canadians have maximum choice of providers and platforms
- transparency in costing data of wholesale services
- accessibility for all Canadians
- broadband availability of downloads of 5 Mbps and uploads for 1 Mbps for all Canadians by 2015
- enforcing do-not-call and anti-spam legislation
- a broad definition of creators to include anyone that creates, distributes or promotes content" 'via Blog this'
Friday, December 28, 2012
Geist - CRTC: "They Trust us to Defend their Interests as Citizens, as Creators & as Consumers"
Michael Geist - The CRTC in 2017: "They Trust us to Defend their Interests as Citizens, as Creators & as Consumers": "Blais provided a vision that hits on many issues that should form part of Canada's long missing digital economy strategy. CRTC activity includes: