Thursday, February 26, 2009
- First, Internet users must be given complete and accurate information about the service they are buying, including capacity and quality.
- Users are allowed to send and receive content of their choice, use services and applications of their choice. and connect any hardware and software that doesn't harm the network.
- The connection cannot be discriminated against based on application, service, content, sender, or receiver."
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- wireless reseller blocking ads from a mobile site
- wireless carriers stripping out tracking codes embedded in web pages, thereby limiting ability to deliver ads
- wireless carriers establishing “walled gardens” that provide preferential access that reduces data charges for sites within the walled garden
- forcing users through wireless carrier homepage when accessing the Internet on feature phones
- prior approval of applications for use on smart phones
- extra fees for text messages that include ads
- wireless carriers limiting to whom ads in text messages may be sold
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
It was a clear black night, a clear white moon,
I was checking YouTube for the latest pop tunes,
"The DSL is lagged, I can't get no sound,
My brothers' P2P has dragged the whole net down!"
"My kids are little thieves, they rob the record stores!
Instead of paying for music, they download more and more,
I wish I'd said something sooner; it's too little too late,
Someone should have taught me how to REGULAAAAAAAATE!"
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Friday, February 06, 2009
Thursday, February 05, 2009
"The report has its priorities straight but I worry greatly about its scale and ambition regarding the level of bandwidth we need. I've been talking to people in Singapore about needing gigabytes by 2015. Either the authorities here are barmy and don't realise what the British creative industries here need, or we are. There's a massive gap of where the balance of credibility lies. Are we a 21st Century nation or are we equipping ourselves for the 20th Century?"