Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dangerous Downloaders Act wash-up

Its been quite a week in the UK, with the Digital Economy (sic) Act 2010 being passed in what was not democracy's finest 2 hours. Its worth noting that this will come back as secondary legislation requiring affirmative resolution of both Houses of parliament, and in the meantime, Ofcom gets to sit down with ISPs, record companies AND consumers (?) to discuss details.
A last word, then, for the great Liam Gallagher, a 100% rock star, who reminds us that non-commercial downloading is recording from the radio for the 2000s:
"Downloading's the same as what I used to do - I used to tape the charts of the songs I liked (from the radio). I don't mind it. I hate all these big, silly rock stars who moan - at least they're f**king downloading your music, you c**t, and paying attention, know what I mean? You should f**king appreciate that - what are you moaning about? You've got f**king five big houses, so shut up."
Amen.

No comments: