Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Wetmachine » Tales of the Sausage Factory » UPDATE: Why Tech Freedom Are Totally Wrong About The CRA.

Wetmachine » Tales of the Sausage Factory » UPDATE: Why Tech Freedom Are Totally Wrong About The CRA.: "Last week, I wrote this blog post addressing the argument that the Markey resolution under the Congressional Review Act would not actually restore the 2015 net neutrality rules. Since then, my opposite numbers at Tech Freedom have put together this 8-page letter saying otherwise. To save myself the trouble of repeating myself, I will update my previous blog post to explain why Tech Freedom specifically is utterly and completely wrong.

 As I explained last time, the CRA defines a “rule” as meaning anything defined as a “rule” by 5 U.S.C. 551(4) (excluding agency actions relating to personnel or applying only to a single company, like a tariff filing). Or, in other words, anything generally subject to the Administrative Procedures Act (APA), regardless of what you call it, counts as a “rule” for CRA purposes." 'via Blog this'

No comments: