Total Pageviews

Friday, September 11, 2015

DOCSIS3 in UK: Virgin Media speed tests confirm upload boost

Virgin Media speed tests confirm upload boost: "Last month, it was revealed that around 90% of Virgin Media's four million UK customers will see faster download speeds from October 1st, with the remaining 10% of broadband subscribers set to benefit in early 2016.

Now, it looks like upload speeds will follow suit, with those on the current package of 50Mbps seeing uploads double from 3Mbps to 6Mbps. That's alongside a boost in download speeds to 100Mbps.

Meanwhile, customers on the 100Mbps package, whose download speeds will likely rise to 200Mbps, will see uploads move from 6Mbps to 12Mbps, and those on the 152Mbps package will see their upload speeds move from 12Mbps to 20Mbps. Their download speed after the boost is expected to hit 300Mbps." 'via Blog this'

No comments: